Home Forums Earthship Global Network Forums North America New Mexico, Taos: Veterans Off-Grid

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hey Everyone!

I created Veterans Off-Grid in 2017 in Carson NM after I took the Sept 2015 Earthship academy in Taos.  Our main goals are to help veterans reintegrate successfully back into society while helping the planet by building earthship-inspired buildings within the community.  

The 50 acre property sits high on the side of a south facing hill with awesome views of Taos, the Milky Way, and the Sangre de Cristo mountain range.  We have built out most of the infrastructure this year (composting toilets, showers, a community kitchen, a 26 foot teepee for guests, and paved the road with tumbled recycled glass.  We are also bordered by the national forests with hiking trails throughout.

We are currently working on completing the first 20 x 20 Earthship inspired building, along with the 1800 square foot hoop house and walapini (an underground greenhouse).  

If any of you would like to visit Taos, you are more than welcome to stay on our land for free.   You are also more than welcome to participate (or lead) any projects that you would like to be involved in.  

For those who are concerned about not being a veteran, please know that high quality people like you are integral to this projects success.  Bringing veterans into working relationships with civilians will help veterans be better able to rejoin society in the future. 

For more information, please visit Veteransoffgrid.org or our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/VeteransOffgrid.org/.  

I hope to hear from you all soon!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)