Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Woo hoo!! All about that networking!!

Kristi here, or Tenzo if that’s what you know. Residing in the freezing world of Gunnison, Colorado. Graduating with my Masters in Environmental Management from Western Colorado University. My focus is Orbital Sustainability- like, where the International Space Station is ;)

Taos Academy Grad April 2015.

Panama Build Jan-Feb 2018.

Always keeping my eyes out for builds I can make, one day I will be constructing my own Earthship… somewhere!!

argosbackcountry

Hey Kristi!

We are just over the divide from you, by St. Elmo.
    I just took the academy last month, and we plan on doing an independent study next summer for our build.

What are you going with orbital sustainability in Gunnison?

kristi10zo
    Participant

Hey neighbor!!

Well, so far I am just going to get my graduate degree from Western, in order to do so my work is on the Space Sustainability Rating being developed by the Space Enabled Group at MIT. So once I finish my work for them in March I will be set to graduate in May. Long story short: Gunnison for school, and then on to the next thing!

Your knowledge of Earthships with be much fresher than mine! Are you going to build your personal Earthship in St. Elmo for your independent study?

argosbackcountry

We are going to build one for our field study. Once we get things finalized on their schedule, I’ll make sure to post it on here so if anyone is interested, they can sign up!

veteransoffgrid

Hey Kristi!

We have a build going on now near Taos NM. If you would like to participate feel free to reach out. We will be finishing up tire work in the next week and then continuing after winter, around mid march.

kristi10zo
    Participant

@argos, Great, definitely keep us posted!! I will be in this area for a while even after I graduate in May.

@veterans, I probably won’t be able to make it to Taos before you wrap up for the winter, but I am certainly interested in coming to help when it warms up! Will you all be working on weekends?

Angelam103

Hello All! LOVE reading the Co thread and so grateful this forum is here! My name is Angela.

I did the Oct 2019 Academy and am going to build as an owner-builder (not as a Field Study) in Alamosa – what I call Open Wing. My goal is to complete my earthship within 2-3 years. Mike is currently working on the drawings (2br Encounter with attached studio). I am totally open to helping others with their build, sharing ideas and experiences, and supporting each other in our endeavors! At this point, I’m not signed up for a field study because of current work restrictions.

I’d love to come help those who are building in Colorado on weekends to keep learning and contribute to the collective. I’d love to learn about the experience of organizing and executing build. Keep the updates and info flowing and perhaps there will be an opportunity to meet this coming Spring!

Chris White

Greetings all! My name is Chris White (Academy April 2018). I am up at Poncha Pass, just outside Salida. Hoping to start with an earthship spring 2021. Working on establishing a sustainable education program and retreat, currently called “Yurts at Poncha Pass”. Always interested in collaborating and find myself driving back to Santa Fe NM regularly, so especially excited by projects on that route, like your project in Alamosa Angela, or veteransoffgrid.

All the best to you guys!
    Chris

@yurtsatponchapass
    @chrisbioworld

Angelam103

Hey Chris, I don’t have social media accounts but would love to chat when timing feels right. My build in Alamosa is called Open Wing, and will function as a non-profit/home/retreat space. Neighbors with similar ideas! So many ways to collaborate! My email is angelam103@hotmail.com or openwing.earthship@gmail.com. Look forward to connecting!

Angela

argosbackcountry

Hey Chris,

Where up Poncha Pass are you?
    We are down that way often, especial Salida and Poncha Springs.

bvigil639@gmail.com
    Participant

Hey guys! My name is Brandon, and I’m checking in from Denver! I was a part of the Taos youth academy back in 2018, Uruguay Felid Study, and had hand in building Lou’s home in Taos. I’m currently in the process of working on my independent project in town! Just wanted to get in contact with the more “local” earthshippers. Would be more than happy to help with projects you guys might have going on! My email is bvigil639@gmail.com if anyone wants to connect.

kristi10zo
    Participant

Hello all!!

I wanted to leave my email here with you all in case you need a set of hands on your projects. I can’t say I’ve looked at this forum in ages.

kacuff@rocketmail.com

Give me a shout!

Kristi :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)